Monday, May 4, 2009

Watercolored Rose

Well my boyfriend in brown (as I call the UPS guy) brought me another box of goodies today! I was very excited about this shipment because I bought the entire set of markers, so I couldn't wait to get my hands on them! I also got some watercolor paper, a paper piercing mat pack, some adhesive, ribbon, and then earned this Hostess Level 1 set "Dear Friend".

I have only ever attempted watercoloring on Whisper White using the Stampin' Pastels and blender pen, and while it looked okay, I couldn't wait to try it on the watercolor paper! Let's just say it's AMAZING! It made me look like a pro watercolorer (if that's a word haha). I also used my new mat pack for the paper piercing. I had done my own version before where I just used a ruler on top of a magazine, but of course this was way easier...and much straighter! I don't particularly care for this card...it's just really not me...but oh well, I was just excited to use my new paper!

Stamps: Dear Friend, To Have and to Hold
Paper: Sage Shadow, Pink Pirouette, Close to Cocoa, Natural Ivory Cardstock and Watercolor paper
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Ribbon, SU Markers, Blender Pen, Paper Piercer

1. Score 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of Sage Shadow at 4 1/4 and fold on score line. Cut Pink Pirouette to 5 1/4 x 4 and Close to Cocoa to 5 x 3 3/4.
2. Stamp rose image from Dear Friend onto Close to Cocoa using Chocolate Chip ink (stamp off before stamping onto cardstock)
3. Stamp rose onto watercolor paper using Chocolate Chip ink. Watercolor using SU markers and blender pens.
4. Cut to 2 1/2 x 2. Place image on paper piercing mat and pierce a line across the top and bottom. Distress the ends by folding corners and running fingernail down all sides.
5. Take a scrap piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock and crumple it up into a ball. Flatten out and tear to desired size. Adhere watercolored image to Chocolate Chip. 
6. Adhere Close to Cocoa piece to Pink Pirouette piece. 
7. Stamp the outline design from To Have and to Hold and then the greeting from Dear Friend inside. Cut out and punch a hole in each side. Thread Chocolate Chip ribbon through. Wrap around Close to Cocoa and Pink Pirouette. 
8. Adhere image to Close to Cocoa and then adhere everything to the Sage Shadow card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment