Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Clean and Simple Summer Love

This is another card that I will be demo-ing this weekend. I decided that I wanted to do a project using nothing but rub ons...well that didn't totally work since I used a stamp for the sentiment, but I guess I could have substituted it with one from the rub on sheet. This was semi-cased from Mary Fish. It would have been totally cased, however, I was doing it from memory, so mine looks different. I really love this color combination! When I was planning my Walk In the Park class last month it was the only color scheme I wanted to use! I would have to force myself to not reach for any of them for every card I made.

Also, I'm almost done with the Stationary Box for the boy and am really pleased with how it's turning out. It should be done within a day or so. The only clue I'll give you about it is LOTS of paper piercing! 

Stamps: Sweet Little Sentiments
Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Cameo Coral Cardstock
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Summer Love Rub Ons, Ribbon

1. Score 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of Whisper White at 4 1/4 and fold on score line. 
2. Cut three 1/2 inch square of Baja Breeze and adhere to cardbase.
3. Cut four 1 1/2 inch Cameo Coral squares and four 1 1/4 inch Whisper White squares. Adhere.
4. Apply Summer Love Rub Ons to Whisper White squares.
5. Stamp sentiment.
6. Use your paper trimmer to put two score lines above and below the sentiment (see close up)
7. Tie Baja Breeze ribbon in a bow and adhere to card.

No comments:

Post a Comment