Sunday, April 14, 2013

Doily Birthday Card

Today I was invited to a birthday party for my friend's mom. Melissa always plans the best parties :) it was a great time and everything was so nice. Her mom likes to do craft projects, so I knew she would enjoy a handmade card. This was a very simple card and although I kept trying to add more to it, I ultimately liked the simple look. I used my Stampin' Up markers to color the sentiment and flowers and stamped on the doily (which are my new obsession). I used spray adhesive to adhere the doily to the card. The stamp sets used were Close as a Memory and Celebrations. I finished it off with a Chocolate Chip ribbon and by rounding the corners. I really liked how it turned out. Happy 55th Terri!!!

The inside
Melissa actually surprised me with these doilies a few months ago (she found them at Target). She got me like 8 packs so I see myself using them a lot, and they are the perfect size! She's the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment