Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thanksgiving Decor

Sorry for being MIA! Just a simple post today to show two of my new decor items for Thanksgiving. I have several card orders going right now, however, most of them are for showers/weddings for Spring/Summer next year, so while they are keeping me busy, I won't be able to post the final product for a very long time (I never like to post pictures of invitations until after the event)! I did invitations for a co-worker's grandson's birthday that is next weekend, so look out for those next weekend! :)

Anyways, here are my two projects:

First up is my "Thankful Tree". I took a clear vase, threw in some moss and a few twigs from my yard, then used my Stampin' Up Leaves #2 die to cut out leaves from various fall colored paper in my scrap bag. I plan to write things I'm thankful for on each leaf throughout the month. 
Next is this little pumpkin frame made from the oval punch and various scrap pieces. I sponged each piece with Close to Cocoa ink and hand cut the stems from Chocolate Chip cardstock. I tied some twine in a knot and adhered it to the solid colored pumpkins using a glue dot. The background is Kraft cardstock. I do wish I had spaced out the pumpkins a little more, but overall, I think it turned out cute :)


Click here to see a Thanksgiving project from a few years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment