Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Acetate Wedding Card

I decided to try this technique called "floating" using a piece of acetate as the base of the card. I think it turned out pretty cute...still not sure if I like the white ribbon on the side or not? If I had white Stazon I would have stamped some sort of swoopy or flower on the acetate, but I don't and anything else just smears. (I might have to add that to my next Stampin' Up order!)

Stamps: Fun and Fast Notes, Congrats
Paper: Whisper White, Cameo Coral Cardstock
Ink: Chocolate Chip Ink
Accessories: Acetate, Stampin' Pastels, Blender Pens, Ribbon

1. Cut and fold acetate to form a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 square card. 
2. Stamp wedding cake from Fun and Fast notes onto 2 x 2 piece of Whisper White. Color with Stampin' Pastels and blender pens.
3. Adhere to center of acetate. Adhere 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 piece of Cameo Coral to the inside of the front of the card, sandwiching the acetate between the two pieces. Stamp "welcome to the wedded bliss club" from the Congrats set.
4. Adhere 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 piece of Whisper White to center of the inside. This is where the written message will go. (When the card is laid flat, all three layers should match up as a 1/8 border).
5. Tie ribbon around crease and tie in a knot.

No comments:

Post a Comment