Sunday, March 29, 2009

Thank You Card from Cervantes

As you may, or may not know, I have an 8 month old Rottweiler named Cervantes. We had been having trouble recently keeping him in the basement at night since he could easily open the bi-fold door. I was telling this story at work and one of the Member Service Staff, Annie, offered me her old baby gate from when her kids were little. It works PERFECT! He doesn't even try to paw at it. I think he likes that he can see what's going on. To thank her, I made her this cute gate fold card with a picture of Cervantes behind his baby gate.

Stamps: Fun and Fast Notes
Paper: Apricot Appeal, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White Cardstock and Sale-A-Bration Designer Series Paper
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Stampin' Pastels, Blender Pen, Corner Punch

1. Score 4 1/4 x 11 piece of Apricot Appeal cardstock at 2 3/4 on each side. Fold in.
2. Adhere a 2 1/2 x 4 piece of DSP to each flap.
3. Stamp image from Fun and Fast notes onto 2 1/4 x 3 piece of Whisper White cardstock using Chocolate Chip ink and color with Stampin' Pastels.
4. Mat Whisper White onto 2 1/2 x 3 1/4 piece of Apricot Appeal. Mat that onto a 2 3/4 x 3 1/2 piece of Chocolate Chip.
5. Adhere only half of the matted image to the left flap.
6. For the inside I punched the corner of a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock using a punch I had from Michael's. My picture was cut at 3 3/4 x 5 and under it is a 3 x 4 piece of Whisper White cardstock where I wrote my message.

No comments:

Post a Comment