Sunday, March 22, 2009

Emboss Resist

Well, from my first workshop, I got a booking for my first party! I guess it really wasn't from my workshop, because Kim had told me ahead of time she was planning to book, but anyway...her favorite technique is emboss resist, so that will be the make and take for her party! Here is what I have come up with: 
I used the Flower Fancy set...it's probably my favorite because of it's versatility! The greeting is a little off center and one of the flowers got a little smudged (of course it had to be the one in the middle!), but overall I was pretty pleased with it!

Stamps: Flower Fancy, Heard from the Heart
Paper: Natural Ivory, Chocolate Chip Cardstock
Ink: Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Versamark 
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Clear Embossing Powder, Embossing Gun

1. Stamp the big flower from the Flower Fancy set with Certainly Celery all over the front of the Natural Ivory cardstock (4 1/4 x 11; scored and folded at 5 1/2). Stamp each flower twice before re-inking to create stamped off effect.
2. Stamp same flower with Versamark Ink onto 3 3/4 x 3 piece of Natural Ivory cardstock. Emboss with clear embossing powder.
3. Using a sponge dauber or cotton ball, spread Certainly Celery ink around centers of flowers and Chocolate Chip ink around the petals until you have desired effect. 
4. Adhere to 4 x 3 1/4 piece of Chocolate Chip. Run your fingernail around the edges to distress.
5. Adhere to top half of card and stamp greeting from Heard from the Heart set on the bottom using Chocolate Chip ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment