Saturday, September 19, 2009

Baby Shower Tri-Shutter Card


Tomorrow is my cousin's baby shower. You may remember these invitations that I made for her. My Mom, Grandma, Sister, and I all went in to get her something from her registry, but of course I was put on card duty! :) I wanted to make her a card that coordinated with her invitations and colors of the shower (pink and brown). I also had a lot of fun making this tri-shutter card (the tutorial can also be found on that post), so I decided to make her card similar. I was excited to incorporate the cute little train from the Teddy and Train since that wasn't used on the invitations. The alphabet set is the retired Big Deal Alphabet. Both of these sets were also used to create the favors that my aunt and I made for the shower (they are little boxes that were stamped to look like baby blocks). I will be posting those, as well as the little gift I made her tomorrow. I can't wait to show you how cute it is!!

Here is the card closed. The train on the front matches up to the inside train when the card is closed...that took a few times to get it right!


And laid out flat. The bear and rattle are popped up with dimentionals
Stamps: Teddy and Train, Big Deal Alphabet
Paper: Kraft, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White Chocolate Chip DSP, Bella Birds DSP
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Big Shot, Scalloped Circle Die, Coluzzle, 1 3/8 and 1 1/2 Circle Punches, Scalloped Edge Punch, SU Markers Ribbon, Dimentionals

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Looks like a lot of work! It sure turned out beautiful though! Great job - I'm sure your cousin will love it!

    ReplyDelete