Sunday, September 20, 2009

Baby Shower Gift, Favors, and Cake!

As mentioned yesterday, here are some pictures from my cousin's baby shower. First up is the gift that I made her. I found the tutorial for the little "onsie flowers" on Lauren Meader's Blog. It was super easy to make and was a real wow at the shower! There are 5 pink, brown, and white onsies intermixed with artificial pink/white roses and greenery. When it was brought over to my cousin she said "Hmmm...let me guess who this is from!"






The little card/envelope was made from the Big Shot Petal Card die with a little 2x2 card inside (stamped with the bear from Teddy and Train to coordinate with the invitations). It was attached to a bamboo skewer with mini glue dots.



Next are the favors. Since her theme was bears and baby blocks, we stamped them with the bear from the Teddy and Train set and letters from the Big Deal Alphabet. We had originally planned on making our own boxes, but due to time constraint, my aunt picked up these already pre-scored and cut boxes. We did 50 Pretty in Pink bears and 50 Chocolate Chip bears. Half of them were stamped ABC and half were XYZ. Inside was a tool circle with some candy covered chocolates all tied off with an "It's a girl ribbon"...forgot to take a picture of that before I ate my candy! Oops!



Finally, thanks to my super talented aunt, is the cake! Isn't this thing incredible?! She made all of it, down to the bears in the middle and the little chocolate molded candy in the plastic blocks around it. I might have to take lessons from her on cake making!





Click here to see the invitations that I made for her shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment