Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Got a brand new stamp? Here's a tip!

As I was making some treats for my co-workers at the Y, I used my "Trick or Treat" sentiment from the Hostess set Holiday Best for the first time. I used SU markers to color directly onto the stamp and when I stamped it for the first time, it wasn't very pretty. Has this ever happened to you? Well, I have a solution! Simply take your sanding block and rub it across the stamp a few times. You'll be able to see the difference just in how the ink transfers to the stamp...and the result on paper is even more amazing.

The tag on the bottom was before sanding, and the one on top is after. Pretty cool, huh?
I am so anxious to share these and the other Halloween Treats I have made! There are 67 total (28 of one design and then 13 each of 3 other designs). I will start revealing them next Monday. My next few posts will show you a little more from the Open House! I hope you are getting lots of ideas from those pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Renae ~ I've had trouble with new stamps too - but I use an eraser on them, the art gum ones, then clean the stamp and it's ready to go.

    Love your blog ~ I keep checking back to see what's new Ü
    Hugs
    Joani

    ReplyDelete