Sunday, October 18, 2009

Halloween Birthday

This coming weekend I'm going to visit my friend and she asked me to make her a birthday card for her sister...who's birthday is on Halloween Day! This is what I came up with! I love this Little Boo stamp set, so I couldn't resist using him. This card is similar to this card, as the front is shorter than the back. In this case, the inside has a place to put a gift card. When it's laid flat you can see the black DSP and see the complete design. I'm going to be really sad when Halloween's over and I have to put away my Cast-A-Spell DSP. I can't wait to show you the treats I made for my co-workers and employees at work! I am going to save them for next week though, just so the secret doesn't get out :)

Stamps: Little Boo, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Cast-A-Spell DSP
Ink: Old Olive, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Scalloped Edge Punch, 1 inch Circle Punch, Pumpkin Pie Ribbon, Sponges

1. Score a 4 1/4 x 11 piece of Pumpkin Pie at 5 1/2 and fold on score line.
2. Cut 1/4 of an inch off of the front piece and then punch the bottom edge with the Scalloped Edge Punch. Sponge with Basic Black ink.
3. Stamp the Little Boo ghost three times, one each in Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Basic Black. Punch out with 1 inch circle punch. Also punch out a Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive circle with the same punch.
4. Mat a 1 1/2 x 3 3/4 piece of Elegant Eggplant to a 1 5/8 piece of Pumpkin Pie. Punch two scrap pieces of Old Olive with the Scalloped Edge Punch and cut to 3 3/4. Mat onto other layers.
5. Adhere punched circles as shown.
6. Cut a 4 1/2 x 4 piece of Basic Black and a 4 1/4 x 3 3/4 piece of DSP. Adhere to card base.
7. Adhere image layer onto DSP.
8. Tie Pumpkin Pie ribbon around front layer.
9. For the inside, cut a piece of DSP 4 1/4 x 1 7/8. Use the 1 inch circle punch to punch a half circle where the gift card can be pulled out.
10. Adhere to inside, taping only the outside three sides.
11. Stamp sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

On a different note...I wanted to show you my crazy Halloween nails. I love to get my nails done and I used to get designs all the time. To save a little money I went back to just getting one color, but for Halloween I decided to bring the fun designs back!

Isn't my nail tech talented? She does it all by hand, not airbrush! (speaking of hands, I'm not sure why my fingers look so chubby! haha) Anyway, they look even better in real life because the black has a little sparkle to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment