Thursday, October 8, 2009

Watercolor Roses

This coming Saturday is the Open House that I am going to be helping with for the StampinStones demonstrator group. I first mentioned it way back in August in this post. My job in the Open House is to demo the Watercolor Rose Technique (also known as reinker watercoloring). While I really like the effect of this technique and think it is awesome to demonstrate...I am not a big fan of the Fifth Avenue Floral set! haha Coming up with samples for my table was rough! Here are two that I have done. I still have a few more flowers made up and will hopefully have another one or two samples made before then. If you haven't seen this technique, take a peek at Patty Bennett's tutorial (complete with video!). It's really easy and definitely is a WOW technique...it works great with this set, I'm just not a rosey-rose type of girl!

I used Brocade Blue and Ballet Blue reinkers for this card

And Summer Sun, Pretty in Pink, and Regal Rose reinkers for this card

It's hard to capture the shimmer of the flowers on camera, but they are beautiful in real life!

No comments:

Post a Comment