Saturday, October 3, 2009

I'm Back :)

Thanks for being patient with me and for all of the nice comments and emails. I have really taken a break recently and I feel it's really helped. I've been working out more, spending more time with Joe and the 4 legged kids and...I actually WANTED to stamp today :) Plus it didn't help that my dog ate my last bookmark (you may remember this post) and I just got a new book from the library. I couldn't bring myself to use anything but something stamped! Since Halloween is my favorite holiday and I haven't used this cute Little Boo stamp yet, I thought it would be perfect for project. I will continue to post sporadically when I make projects or cards (although I do have some lined up). But from now on, most of the things you will be seeing will be things I made because I wanted to, because I'm not going to be taking many, if any, orders for a while.

Stamps: Little Boo
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Whisper White, Cast A Spell DSP
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: 1 inch, 1 3/8, 1 1/2, and Scalloped Circle Punches, Paper Piercer, Pumpkin Pie Ribbon, Dimentionals

1. The image was stamped in Basic Black onto Whisper White. The "boo" and pumpkin were colored with SU markers and then punched out with a 1 inch circle punch.
2. That was layered onto a 1 3/8 circle punched from the Cast A Spell DSP.
3. Those were layered onto a 1 1/2 inch circle of Basic Black, which was finally layered onto a Pumpkin Pie Scalloped Circle.
4. I used my paper piercer to punch holes in all of the scallops.
5. Steps 1-4 were repeated so that you have two scalloped pieces.
6. Cut two long strips of Pumpkin Pie striped ribbon. Adhere to the back of one of the scalloped pieces. Use dimentionals to adhere the other scalloped image to the first, sandwiching the ribbon between the two layers.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Renae, Stampin shoud be fun, and when it isnt, you should take a break, love your little book mark, so cute

    ReplyDelete