Friday, May 1, 2009

Flowerpot Card

Isn't this super cute??? And another great idea for Mother's Day! I decided to take a break from looking at the Walk in the Park DSP (even though I love love love it and am probably going to use the May SU promotion to get more) and go back to my old favorite Sweet Always for this flowerpot card. The flowers pull out to reveal the "inside" of the card (see picture below). I have been wanting to make this sort of card for a while now, but never knew how I wanted my flowers to look...well I got my technique today! In the mail I received a DVD from Meg Loven (I've told you about her before...my up-up-upline) of her April meeting and one of the ladies demonstrated this cute and easy flower technique using the scalloped circle punches. 

1. Punch two scalloped circle out of DSP and punch a hole in the center.
2. Cut down every other scallop to almost the middle (do this on both punched pieces.
3. Fold the little "hearts" in half to give dimension. Adhere together using a brad!

The leaves were just cut by hand and folded in half. I used Kiwi Kiss and Handsome Hunter Cardstock.

You may also be wondering what my flower
centers are... that is simply a brad slipped intoa button (the buttons on this card are non-SU). The greeting is from, what else... GREAT FRIEND! I promise to find a new greeting here soon! It's just so versatile! :)

The tutorial for how to make the flower pot can be found here

I will hopefully have the rest of my Walk in the Park projects done by tomorrow, so I will share them as soon as they are done! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment