Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Froggy Bookmark

I am a big reader and love to read (when I'm not stamping or working out that is! hehe). I recently picked up a book at the library and decided I wanted to make a cute bookmark for my new book. This bookmark template was the "Sample This" project in my up-upline Kathy's newsletter, so it couldn't have been more perfect timing!

Here is what the bookmark looks like marking my favorite page in the Stampin' Up Idea Book & Catalog...the Halloween page!! My new goodies just arrived today with almost 90% Halloween stuff, so I can't wait to rip that box open!


Stamps: A Flower for All Seasons
Paper: Watercolor Paper, Chocolate Chip, and Parisian Breeze DSP
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: SU Markers, 1 1/2 Circle and Scalloped Circle Punches, Scalloped Edge Punch, Blender Pens, White Gel Pen, Chocolate Chip Ribbon

1. Cut piece of Chocolate Chip to 3 7/8 x 4 and scallop one of the short sides. This will be the bottom.
2. Mark top center point as well as 2 inches down on each side. Score between these marks and fold on score line. Adhere ends together in back.
3. Adhere 3 1/4 x 3 7/8 piece of Parisian Breeze DSP to the Chocolate Chip cardstock and fold the corners around the back. These corners will wrap around the pages.
4. Stamp the image from Flower for All Seasons on Watercolor paper with Basic Black ink.
5. Use blender pen and SU markers to color image.
6. Punch out with 1 1/2 Circle Punch and adhere to punched Scalloped Circle.
7. Tie Chocolate Chip ribbon around entire bookmark where DSP meets the Chocolate Chip.
8. Adhere scalloped image to DSP so that it lays slightly underneath the bow of the ribbon.
9. Use white gel pen to add dots to scallops along the bottom.


No comments:

Post a Comment