Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Embossed Wedding Card

When I started this card I had all intentions of making it match the gift card holder I made last week; however, the little champagne glasses kept being too small for what I wanted to do, so I nixed that and decided to use the bride and groom stamp from the retiring To Have and To Hold. I also got to use my brand new set that came today Friends 24-7 (look for many more cards with this set in the near future!). I had been wanting this set for a while now and after Jen signed up under me, I earned a free set through SU's Stampin' Start program, so I knew right away which one I wanted to get. My sales for April, May, and June also qualified me for another free set which I get to pick out mid-July as part of the Consistency Counts promotion SU was running for Associates and Senior Associates...picking out free stuff is so hard...hehe

Now onto the card...

Stamps: To Have and to Hold, Friends 24-7
Paper: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White Cardstock
Ink: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Versamark
Accessories: Big Shot, Scallops #2 Die, Coluzzle, Clear EP and Embossing Gun, Pretty in Pink SU Marker, Blender Pen, Organza Ribbon

1. Score 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 piece of Basic Gray at 4 1/4 and fold on score line.
2. Cut Basic Black to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 and Whisper White to 4 x 5 1/4.
3. Stamp the image from Friends 24-7 in Versamark various times on the Whisper White to create a background. Emboss with clear embossing powder.
4. Cut biggest scallop from Scallop #2 Die with Basic Black cardstock using Big Shot.
5. Stamp bride and groom onto Whisper White using Basic Black ink. Outline using Basic Gray ink and blender pen to create depth. Color flowers and tie with Pretty in Pink marker.
6. Use the 5th circle on the Coluzzle to cut out the image. Adhere to scalloped circle.
7. Adhere embossed Whisper White to Basic Black. Cut a piece of Basic Gray to 4 x 1 1/2 and adhere to upper third of Whisper White. 
8. Wrap White Organza ribbon around all three layers. Adhere entire piece to Basic Gray cardbase.
9. Adhere scalloped circle on top of Basic Gray strip.
10. Stamp sentiment in bottom right corner using Basic Black ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment