Monday, April 27, 2009

Found It!

Phew! I think I redeemed myself from last night's stamping nightmare. And it was all because Kim, one of my customers and fellow YMCA employee, stopped by to see me today and gave me some of her old cardmaking magazines. I took a peek at one while I ate my lunch and saw a card made with vellum. I've never really experimented with it and actually forgot that I had bought a piece a few months ago. I decided that's what I was going to use on my cards and I busted out two cards in about an hour and half! I'm only sharing one with you today because as I was getting ready to take a picture of the second one I realized I want to change one thing...and I've already put everything away (see how much I miss my attic stamping room!! haha). But I did use my trusty Flower Fancy set just like I said! :) I also used my newest favorite set Great Friend for the sentiment. I've decided it's going to be the sentiment for all of the Mother's Day cards. It felt so good to look at my card and feel good about it...hopefully I don't have another night like last night ever again!

Stamps: Flower Fancy, Great Friend
Paper: Baja Breeze, Perfect Plum, Whisper White Cardstock; Walk in the Park DSP
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: Vellum, Stampin' Pastels, Blender Pens, Baja Breeze Ribbon, Brads, Eyelet Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Embossing Gun, Dimensionals

1. Score 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 piece of Baja Breeze at 4 1/4 and fold on score line.
2. Mat 5 x 3 3/4 piece of DSP to 5 1/4 x 4 piece of Perfect Plum. 
3. Stamp flower onto vellum using Basic Gray and emboss with clear embossing powder. Color with blender pens and Stampin' Pastels. 
4. Cut to 3 x 4 1/4. Tear off bottom of vellum. Punch two holes in the top corners.
5. Lay vellum over 3 x 4 1/4 piece of Perfect Plum and punch holes through cardstock. Attach with brads.
6. Use the eyelet punch on a 4 1/4 x 1 1/2 piece of Baja Breeze and attach to Perfect Plum/vellum piece. Adhere entire piece to DSP.
7. Tie a knot in a piece of Baja Breeze striped ribbon and wrap around all the layers except the card base.
8. Stamp the sentiment and border from the Great Friend set in Basic Gray on Whisper White. Stamp small flower from Flower Fancy using Baja Breeze ink (stamp off once). Cut out at dotted line.
9. Stamp border on Baja Breeze cardstock and cut out along outer line. Adhere to Whisper White sentiment. Adhere to card using dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment