Saturday, April 25, 2009

Square Birthday Card

I saw a layout similar to this in the newest issue of the Stampin' Up demonstrator magazine I get each month and decided to try it out. Of course once I got started I changed some things, but I really like how it turned out. I used one of my favorite sets "Crazy for Cupcakes" as I'm using this for one of my customers' birthday. Starting tomorrow I will only be working on samples for my May workshops, so you will be seeing a lot of Walk in the Park DSP and Great Friend/Summer Love Stamps and Rub ons. I also will be going to Jolene's first workshop tomorrow, so I will post our make-and-take too :)

Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana Cardstock; Sweet Always and Sale-A-Bration Designer Series Paper
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: 1 1/2 inch Circle Punch, 1 inch Circle Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Big Shot, Scallop Circles #2 Die, Chocolate Chip Ribbon, Liquid Applique, Embossing Gun, Stampin' Pastels, Blender Pens, Dimensionals

1. Score 8 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of Pink Pirouette Cardstock at 4 1/4 and fold on score line.
2. Cut a 4x4 square of Sweet Always and Sale-A-Bration DSP. Cut one in half diagonally and adhere to the other. 
3. Wrap Chocolate Chip ribbon diagonally across DSP where the two designs meet. Adhere DSP to card base.
4. Run a scrap piece of Pink Pirouette through the Big Shot using the Scallop #2 die. Stamp cupcakes directly onto scallop and color with Stampin' Pastels and Blender Pen.
5. Apply liquid applique to "ice" cupcakes and heat with embossing gun.
6. Adhere to card base. Use a white marker to put dots on each scallop.
7. Cut a piece of Chocolate Chip and tie into a bow. Adhere on top of ribbon line, overlapping scallop.
8. Stamp cupcakes on scrap piece of Whisper White. Color and apply liquid applique. Cut out.
7. Punch a 1 1/2 inch circle from Whisper White and stamp sentiment twice in a circle pattern. Punch a 1 inch circle from Barely Banana and adhere to center of sentiments. Adhere cut out cupcake to center of Barely Banana circle.
8. Cut a 2 x 1 1/8 piece of Chocolate Chip and punch the corners with the ticket corner punch. Adhere to back of circles.
9. Adhere sentiment to bottom left of card using dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment