Friday, July 3, 2009

Another Brayered Landscape

Each month, Meg sends a DVD of her Stamp and Share meeting to those of us who live out of town. The one I got yesterday couldn't have come at a better time as one of the demos was BRAYERING! And after my debacle yesterday, I watched this demo 3 or 4 times. This is similar to the card demonstrated and it was MUCH easier than the one I made yesterday. The one thing I did learn from making this is to use a different mask for each color. I was using an edge of paper to create my sky line and mountains and then flipped the paper and used the same mask to create the water. What I found was that the ink from the sky and mountain was rubbing onto the card. Once I used a different mask for each color, I had no problems. In the example on the DVD, she uses Inspired by Nature, but since I have given that back to it's rightful owner, Jen, I decided to use one of the new sets, Asian Artistry. The highlights were created using a White Gel Pen. The only thing I wish I would have done would be to have made the sky a little bigger so that the sun wasn't basically at the horizon...but I wasn't about to do it over!!

 We will definitely be making this card at my July 17 workshop now that I think I have all the kinks work out and feel more confident in my skills :) Hope to see you there!

Stamps: Asian Artistry
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Glossy White
Ink: More Mustard, Cameo Coral, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black
Accessories: Brayer, 1 3/8 Circle Punch, White Gel Pen

1 comment:

  1. She sends DVD's???? Wonder if I will get one??

    ReplyDelete