Thursday, July 16, 2009

Rubber Band Brayer

I can't remember where I first saw this technique, but I was very excited to try it! It's brayering with rubber bands tied around your brayer! Simply pop the roller off and tie rubber bands of different sizes around it. The colors I used were Cameo Coral, Baja Breeze, and Old Olive. I know Baja Breeze is retired, I just have a lot of it left, so I thought I would use it in this experiement! I am going to be teaching this technique at my class tomorrow. The cool thing is that the ink comes off the bands pretty easily, so you don't have to change them before switching to a different ink...although, as always, I would recommend starting with the lightest color and working your way to the darkest. I feel like the card needs something more on the bottom, so I might run it through the Big Shot with a texture plate??? Not sure. But what a fun way to make your own unique DSP to coordinate to whatever project you're doing!

Stamps: Oval All
Paper: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Cameo Coral, Whisper White
Ink: Cameo Coral, Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Scalloped Edge Punch, Scalloped Oval and Large Oval Punch, Paper Piercer and Mat Pack, Ribbon, Brayer, Rubber Bands, Cameo Coral and Certainly Celery SU Marker (for butterfly)

No comments:

Post a Comment