Thursday, July 30, 2009

Baby Shower Favors

Let me just start by saying that these were supposed to be Halloween favor bags...but, after opening all of my new goodies, I realized that the new Big Shot Die Fancy Favor only works with 12x12 paper! While I did buy a pack of the Halloween DSP (which is 12x12), I wasn't ready to use it just yet...so I decided to do a baby shower theme in honor of my cousin who's shower is in a few months. My aunt contacted me about doing invitations and favors, just haven't set anything in stone yet, so I thought I'd start throwing around ideas. These could also be adapted for weddings, birthday parties, graduations, etc! And they were SUPER easy to make! A 6x12 piece of paper and two pieces of Sticky Strip and you have this really cute little bag to fill with any kind of treat you like! You can also leave them open (without the ribbon) for an even bigger treat.

I used the retired Parisian Breeze DSP and the Fun and Fast Notes stamp set (which was one of the sets I got in my Starter Kit!). I made both of these in 10 minutes. Coloring the carriage took me longer than assembling the bag. Plan on seeing lots more of these!

P.S. I have been brainstorming a way to possibly use 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock. So if it works as well in real life as it does in my head, I will have a tutorial for you soon :)

Stamps: Fun and Fast Notes
Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, Parisian Breeze DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Big Shot, Fancy Favor XL Die, Horizontal Slot Punch, SU Markers, Chocolate Chip Ribbon

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you did favors too! Well if you have time I think this might save me some time. Would be cute with the duckies and filled.with candy or something......Carrie :)

    ReplyDelete