Sorry for the week long absence! I've been busy working on wedding invitations. Getting close to being done, so I will be able to post more often! This is a card for the bride of the invitations I'm making. I met her through a co-worker and this card is for her shower, from my co-worker. She wanted me to use the same colors as the invitations. When the bride was looking through my Stampin' Up catty, she really liked the Friends 24-7 set, but just not for her wedding. So when I was asked to make her shower card, I knew I wanted to use that set. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.
On another note, I just received my first offer to have my cards sold at a local antique store! Joe and I love going to the Marketplace on Main (most of the decorations from our house are from there) and have become good friends with the owner. We were down there last week and the owner started talking about cards, and before he could even finish his story, Joe said "She makes cards" and that was the end of it! He told me to bring some down to sell. I think I'm going to make a few sets and some individuals to see what sells best. I might also do some candles and post it note holders. I couldn't be more excited!! Pictures to come soon of the sets that will be sold! :)
Stamps: Friends 24-7, Lots of Thoughts
Paper: Kraft, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Large and Scalloped Oval Punches, Ribbon, SU Markers
1. Score 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 piece of Kraft at 4 1/4 and fold on score line.
2. Cut 3 1/2 square of Whisper White. Stamp bird in center using Chocolate Chip ink. Stamp flowers in all four corners on a diagonal. Sponge edges with Chocolate Chip ink. Distress slightly with fingernail.
3. Color flowers using SU Markers (Lavender Lace, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, Old Olive).
4. Adhere to 3 3/4 square Elegant Eggplant. Pierce the border with mat pack and paper piercer.
5. Stamp bird image onto scrap piece of Whisper White and cut out. Adhere to main image using dimentionals.
6. Tie Chocolate Chip ribbon around the center of the card. Adhere image over ribbon using dimentionals.
7. Stamp sentiment from Lots of Thoughts onto Whisper White and punch out with Oval Punch. Sponge edges with Chocolate Chip.
8. Punch out Scalloped Oval from Old Olive cardstock and adhere to sentiment.
9. Adhere to card with dimentional.
10. A piece of 5 1/4 x 4 piece of Whisper White was added to the inside with the flowers stamped and colored on the right.