Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Baby Shower Invitation Factory

I thought I'd take a minute to show you the progress I've made on my cousin's baby shower invites (and to apologize for not posting since Monday). I only have a week to make 50 invitations so that she has time to send them out and get responses in time. Luckily she and my aunt came over tonight to help me assemble some of the pieces! We got a lot done in two hours.

This is what I had done before they arrived (all pieces cut, scored and run through Big Shot with texture plates where necessary, corners rounded, bears stamped and watercolored with some cut and some of the faux stitching done):
Two hours later (all layers adhered, bears popped, and pockets folded):
Now all I have left to do is add the brad and ribbon to the actual invite and assemble the pockets with the layers you see! Thanks so much Aunt Cassie and Kristen! I meant to take a picture of you guys in action, but we were having too much fun :)

Just some fun facts about these invites:
  • 85 pieces of cardstock were used to create the 500 pieces shown
  • 1,000 corners were rounded
  • 100 circles were cut using the Coluzle (50 in Chocolate Chip and 50 in Whisper White)
  • 50 bears were watercolored and cut out (100 total bears were stamped)
  • 100 dimentionals were used
  • 14.5 feet of ribbon will be used

No comments:

Post a Comment