Saturday, August 29, 2009

Happy Anniversary Ladies!

Alright, before I get to my card for today, I have to tell you the story behind it. Last year when word started to get out that I made cards (and before I really got into Stampin' Up), a lady from work asked me to make her a wedding card...for two women! Obviously I didn't have a stamp for that! After googling "lesbian and gay weddings" and sifting through all of the pictures that I did NOT want to see...I found this cute little stick figure of little brides holding hands. I printed and cut them out, colored the hair the appropriate color for each bride and mounted it onto a piece of pink cardstock which had been stamped with Michael's background wedding vow stamp. Tied it off with a ribbon and mounted it to a white card base (all I used back in the day)...needless to say they LOVED it! So much so, that they put it in a frame. Talk about a compliment!

This is that card:

Well, it is coming up on their one year anniversary and I have been asked to make their anniversary card! This year, I am much more prepared with a lot more "stuff" to play with. And I'm really proud of what I came up with!
I found the "bra" tutorial on SCS and knew this was the perfect occasion to make it! I originally made two (you'll see the other one pictured), however, they didn't both fit on the card. The sentiment "the perfect pair" was computer generated.

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Walk in the Park DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Word Window Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scalloped Oval Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, 1 3/8 and 1 inch Circle Punches, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White Ribbon, Chocolate Chip Button, Dimentionals, Mini-Glue Dots

1. Score 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 piece of Old Olive at 4 1/4 and fold on score line.
2. Punch several 1 and 1 3/8 inch circles out of Old Olive and adhere them to the top half of the card base, cutting those that go off the edge.
3. Wrap Whisper White ribbon around a 5 1/2 x 2 piece of Chocolate Chip and adhere to the bottom half of the card base.
4. Cut a strip of Chocolate Chip ribbon and tie it around the left side of the Whisper White ribbon.
5. For the bra - Punch two large ovals out of Walk in the Park DSP. Overlap the Scalloped Oval punch over the hole left from the oval so that 5 scallops are in the oval. Do this on both. Adhere the "cups" together in the center. Punch two Word Windows out of DSP and attach to make straps. Pop a button in the center of the bra with a mini-glue dot.
6. To create the image of breasts, punch 1 3/8 circles out of Very Vanilla. Adhere to the inside of the bra. Roll the cups around slightly to form a curve.
7. Stack 3 dimentionals under the cups and apply adhesive around edges to adhere to card.
8. Use Word Window Punch to punch out sentiment which was computer generated.
9. Punch Heart to Heart punch on Pretty in Pink and adhere to top left of card.
10. The inside is a 5 1/4 x 4 piece of Very Vanilla with Happy Anniversary from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamped in the right corner. The small heart from the punch is adhered next to it.

This was my extra bra...I gave it to Jen because she knows a lesbian couple and plans to make a similar card for them :) -- it was made using Bella Rose DSP.

1 comment:

  1. awesome card I happy to see you give these ladies something to smile about.
    cindy

    ReplyDelete