This card was made for my downline, Jen, who just lost her mom. I've really been wanting to make a reflection card and decided to give it a try with this card. I also guess I've been on a clean and simple kick too! The technique was super easy and I love the effect that adding the Crystal Effects gives.
Stamps: Asian Artistry, Close as a Memory
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Whisper White, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Coluzzle, SU Markers, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Brads, Crystal Effects, 1 3/8 Circle Punch, Sponges, Transparency Paper
1. Score 4 1/4 x 11 piece of Elegant Eggplant at 5 1/2 and fold on score line.
2. Cut 6th largest oval from Coluzzle out onto Whisper White.
3. Punch out a 1 3/8 circle from a scrap sheet of paper and place where you want your sun to be. Sponge with Bashful Blue around it to create effect. Move mask to opposite side of oval and repeat to form reflection.
4. Take a scrap piece of paper and lay it across the center of the oval and sponge across that oval to form water line.
5. Stamp image from Asian Artistry several times across water line using Basic Black. Stamp image again with Basic Black onto transparency paper. Flip transparency paper upside down and place ink side down below other stamped image and rub to transfer ink to paper. This forms the reflection.
6. Let ink dry then trace over using SU markers. Use a shade lighter for the reflected image.
7. Spread Crystal Effects over the water portion of the oval using a paint brush and let dry.
8. Adhere oval to card base.
9. Stamp image from Close as a Memory in bottom right corner with Whisper White. Use Mat Pack and Paper Piercer to create holes for brads. Adhere Bashful Blue brads.
10. The inside has a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Whisper White with the Asian Artistry image stamped in the corners and colored with markers.