Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bundle of Joy


This picture does not do this card justice! (I know I say that alot). But I need to figure out a way to photograph so that you can see the texture added with the Big Shot. Anyway, I'm really pleased with this card because I always want to use buttons and library clips, but never can find a good way to use them. I think they really add something special to this card. I just recently got a big order for various cards spaced out over the next two months and this is the first one she needed. Usually when I have a baby card need, I immediately go to the onsie cards that I love to make, but this time I decided to do something different and use a brand new stamp set that I just got this week, Teddy and Train. What's funny is that the idea I had in my head involved a vertical card with a scalloped bottom, but couldn't find a layout that I liked. As I was sliding things around and pulling out various embellishments, the card base got turned horizontal and that was all it took! That's how it usually happens for me...by accident! My favorite part of this card is how the rattle is wrapped around the bear's hand.

Stamps: Teddy and Train
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Big Shot, Texture Plates, Scalloped Edge Punch, Oval and Scalloped Oval Punch, SU Markers, Blender Pen, Chocolate Chip Ribbon, Button Latte Button, Library Clip, Twine, Dimentionals

1. Score a 4 1/4 x 11 piece of Chocolate Chip at 5 1/2 and fold on score line.
2. Scallop punch the short end of the cardstock (both the front and inside). Repeat on two pieces of 4 x 5 1/4 pieces of Pretty in Pink cardstock.
3. Set one piece of Pretty in Pink to the side. On the other, distress the scalloped end and run through Big Shot using polka dot texture plate. Add faux stitching with Chocolate Chip marker and adhere to card front.
4. Stamp bear image on 3x3 piece of Watercolor paper and watercolor using blender pens and SU Markers. Stamp another bear and a rattle on a scrap piece of Watercolor paper. Color and cut out both the bear and rattle.
5. Add faux stitching to 3x3 image.
6. Wrap Chocolate Chip ribbon around square and tie off with twine. String twine up through the button and tie once, clipping off the excess. Secure button with a mini glue dot.
7. Adhere image to a 3 1/4 square of Chocolate Chip cardstock. Adhere second bear on top of 3x3 image using dimentionals. Cut a slit in the bottom of the rattle and adhere around bear's hand. Stack two dimentionals on top of each other and place under the circular part of the rattle.
8. Stamp the sentiment on Watercolor paper scrap and punch out using Large Oval Punch. Add faux stitching. Adhere to punched scalloped oval in Chocolate Chip.
9. Dry fit image and sentiment and then adhere image with dimentionals and sentiment directly to the card base.
10. Finally, clip Chocolate Chip library clip onto the image.
11. For the inside, take the other scalloped edged Pretty in Pink piece and stamp rattle image in bottom right corner. Adhere to the inside.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! I just found your blog and I must say, you do some very nice work ;) One way that I have found to get the embossing to show up better, is to photograph in sunlight. I've gotten some pretty good results with that.

    ReplyDelete